Best of Show – Character Souvenir Book Submissions
We know that your fursona is a winner, and we like to preserve your character's Blue Ribbon presence in our Souvenir Book!
Now, what did your character do to be a winner? One of the great things about the fair is that you can participate in contests. Those can cover everything from cooking, leather work, ceramic, photography to even musical contests. At this year’s con we want to recognize the winners of those contests by highlighting the “Best Of Show” in Furry Migration’s 2018 Souvenir Book.
What is the Souvenir Book?
Our ongoing goal is to evolve away from the traditional conbook format of information that’s only valuable at the convention. We want to create something that becomes a keepsake in the years to come. A souvenir, that is also a book!
Why Have a Section For “Best Of Show”?
Fairs, from county to state, have competitions. Usually, the best prize in a category is “Best of Show”. We want show through a collection of community-submitted photos and artwork of their their characters who won “Best of Show”. It’s our way to give people a chance to contribute to our 2018 Souvenir Book!
What does it mean “Best of Show”?
Think about it this way – your character did something to win the best in their class. You have a chance to show your character’s winning pose.
Does My Character Have To Win A Real Contest?
They are required to win a contest as real as they are!
So Do I Need to Show Them Winning?
No, we can list what they won underneath the picture. In fact, you are required to give us the winning category.
Do You Have Examples?
We plan to have some examples of people who submitted to the gallery very soon here.
I Am Not an Artist How Do I Get In Here
Very simple – you can commission an artist or have your picture taken. You must have permission to use it for the souvenir book from the artist or photographer.
I Am A Artist/Photographer And I Want To Submit Artwork/Help Out The Con
The “Best of Show” is just one way you can submit art or photography to the con book. If you want to submit outside of this gallery please contact us and we can send you to the right people.
Whoa, I am a winner! How do I contribute?
- First, read the policies below – yeah there are submission rules, but you don’t get to be a winner unless you follow the rules!
- Second, look over this year’s con theme and incorporate it in your character.
- Third, draw your winning character, take a photo, or commission a picture. It can be color or black and white. But color is more striking for a winner!
- Fourth, read the policies and guidelines.
- Fifth, fill out the form below. Then, either provide a link to your character or email your character to the address provided in the confirmation.
We know that you already are a winner so filling out this form is a piece of cake. But one warning, you have until July 1st to get your character into the Best of Show gallery!
There’s no time to delay! Enter your Best of Show, and make your character part of the Midway Menagerie legend!
Submit Your Winner!
Policies And Guidelines
- To be considered for the Best of Show gallery, your submission MUST BE entered by July 1st.
- You must be pre-registered for Furry Migration 2018 at the time of submission for your character to be eligible for the Best of Show gallery
- You must be 18 years of age or older or have parental permission to submit to the Best of Show gallery.
- You must own the rights for the character and the art or photograph submitted.
- Commissioned art is allowed as long as you have full rights to the artwork and approval from the artist to submit to the Best of Show gallery.
- Submitted photographs must have approval from the photographer and any additional people in the picture to be able to submit to the Best of Show gallery.
- Entries must not contain copyrighted characters for which you do not own the copyright or do not have permission to publish.
- Submissions are to be no more than PG-13 rating. Any inappropriate content will be rejected. Our souvenir book is family friendly.
- The theme for the submission is “Best of Show gallery” based on the con theme and the 2017 Iron Artist/Iron Pen. You can find information about Furry Migration’s 2018 theme here.
- No watermarks please – attribution will be printed with your submission.
- We cannot guarantee a minimum or maximum printing size if your submission is used.
- Submissions should be a minimum of 768 pixels tall by 1024 pixels wide; we strongly encourage maintaining a 2:3 aspect ratio for consistency.
- Color images are preferred, but grayscale/black and white is also acceptable.
- Submissions should use CMYK color mode. RGB submissions will be converted before printing.
- Files can be submitted in the following formats: EPS, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD, AI.
- Images may be cropped for fitment.
- This is not a contest and submitting has no impact on any other potential events run by Furry Migration.
- We reserve the right to reject any art or photograph for any reason.
- By submitting your artwork, Minnesota Furs and Furry Migration retain a non-exclusive, non-transferable publication license for re-publication in the convention booklet, posters, publications, flyers and/or website of pictures/art submitted for the Furry Migration 2018 convention.
- All decisions by the Souvenir Book Publishing Committee are final.
- If you need any further questions or clarifications, please contact us through the contact page.